We are into week 61 of sharing our weekly Covid-19 Impact Report and as lockdown restrictions continue to ease as we head towards June 21st, see below for our latest findings:
- A week after restrictions eased on the 17th, happiness (+8ppts), optimism (+4ppts) and life satisfaction (+14ppts) have all increased
- Feelings of financial security and optimism around future financial conditions have increased in the last 7 days, however consumer confidence is down overall
- Confidence in the government has decreased 2ppts as some criticize their handling of the Indian variant and international travel, however overall, confidence is still higher than this time last year
- Confidence that the current national lockdown restrictions will be lifted on 21st June has dropped slightly again this week around news of new variants. Despite concerns, people are making the most of the latest easing of restrictions as, the number of people eating out and going to a café has increased this week
- As the nation prepares for Step 3 on the road out of lockdown, there have been increases in the percentage of people thinking about, researching or booking out of home activities; including considerable increases in booking live events and public art events ahead of the return of large-scale public events.
You can read the full report below:
If you have any questions about any of the data, please contact [email protected]