We’re bidding a fond farewell to TWiD and introducing FWD, a slightly refreshed newsletter focusing on all things digital tech and innovation-focused.
- Google+ received a major refresh last week, with a bigger emphasis on community and interests
- Facebook is testing a new breakup tool to help people get over their ex’s on the social network
- YouTube shopping products – TrueView for Shopping and Shopping ads on YouTube – are out of beta and available to all in AdWords
- By 2016, most digital travel bookers will use mobile devices according to eMarketer
- 88% of Millennials will be relying on smartphones for in-store Black Friday deals, for store locations, product research and price comparisons
- Nice report from Accenture looking at the next generation of commerce
- Durex is campaigning for a condom emoji
- The Force is strong with Gmail… Google and Disney partner to give your Google apps a Star Wars makeover
- Jumeirah has partnered with Google to produce an interactive web-based 360 experience of their hotels
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger shares his views on the platform’s incredible growth over the last five years, and where it is headed in the future
- Google announced App streaming – allowing users to stream content from an app onto their device even when the app is not installed – is this the beginning of the web of apps?
- Advertising Age weighs up Adele’s decision to withhold her new album from streaming services such as Spotify and Apple Music