Welcome the final FWD of February.
- A tweet wiped out $1.3 billion of Snapchat stock market value.
- An American went to the Olympics with Hungary, failed to qualify for the ski halfpipe finals finishing dead last but had a great time and got a medal. Moral of the story varies depending on your outlook on life.
- Vero, a social network that’s been around for years, is undergoing a revival owing to a recent influx of influencers and their subsequent championing of the “no ads, no algorithms” promise.
- Mobile World Congress is on, keep an eye out for lots of new toys and tech like the mobile Speed Scorecard and Impact Calculator Google’s AdWords released this morning.
- The changes in the modern workforce from the Gallup State of the American Workplace 2017 Report.
- A look at how the British public thinks and feels about the internet technologies shaping their world. People, Power and Technology: The 2018 Digital Attitudes Report.
- Analogy is the interstate highway system of cognition. (Video)
- Yandex’s Alice is a Russian-speaking personal assistant that is “a bit politically incorrect and unsympathetic” and people love it.
- Design your own emoji, build a geofilter you can use on Snapchat, or make a gif, and more, all in your browser at www.madewithcode.com
- Would you like an ecommerce client competitor’s internal site-search data? (SFW [seriously])
- A code of ethics for data science. Read, discuss, contribute.
- True AI is both logically possible and utterly implausible.
- It’s decision time, should you go with your gut or calculate the risks? A Bayesian probability puzzle.