Your weekly dose of the latest stories from the world of technology. We have an IPO from Snap Inc and a host of thoughts and advances in AI and machine learning.
- Snap Inc (Snapchat’s parent company) prepares for IPO, secrecy and intrigue make up the narrative
- Facebook has had to issue a response to another miscalculation in its page insights, fortunately in metrics that were little used by marketers
- Instagram rolls out Live features and includes updates to Direct messaging.
- How some brands are already getting involved with Snapchat Spectacles
- £1 in every £5 of web sales on Black Friday is returned
- Google launches APIs for its machine learning tech through Google Cloud and also updates us on how Google Translate is getting better through Neural Machine Translation.
- Love Pictionary? Google’s Quick Draw is the most fun you can have learning about machine learning
- Microsoft uses HoloLens to do a mixed reality Mannequin challenge
- Google Earth used to create a ‘love letter’ to cities.
- How Google, Facebook and Microsoft are remaking themselves in response to AI
- Here we go again; how 5G technology will change the way we use the web
- And finally, some thoughts on why Facebook might need a news editor.