What’s happened this week:
- The iPad Air is announced as Apple’s 5th Generation tablet and the lightest full-size tablet in the marketplace.
- Meanwhile Carphone Warehouse undercuts competitors with a £49 tablet in the run up to Christmas
- The European Parliament Civil liberties committee voted through updated Data Protection Regulations which will see Data laws significantly tightened across the region.
What we have learned:
- Global Mobile ad spend is forecast to hit USD 40bn by 2018 according to Juniper research.
- Vine and Flickr are the fastest-growing apps of the year according to GlobalWebIndex, with Vine seeing 403% growth.
- Econsultancy research shows that UK Consumers appear less concerned with Privacy in 2013
- A Lexus campaign involves a car that draws a portrait of the driver based on driving style
- Hints at the future of the way patients seek treatment and interact with doctors with Sharp Health-Chair.
- New wearable tech could make Long-Distance relationships easier by sending hugs across oceans.
Where to find more: