What’s happened in digital this week:
- Newsweek announced plans to go all digital, ceasing an 80 year print run, this December.
- Pheed launched as a pay per view version of Twitter, is has attracted some celebrity contributors and 350k users in less than 1 week.
- It is set be a big week in technology with new devices from Microsoft, Apple and Google slated for launch.
What we have learned:
- There will be 4.4bn camera phones by the end of 2012, including 1.2bn smartphones.
- Dark Social is the hidden side of social from chat rooms to email that drives the majority of social traffic.
- 19% of new Facebook fans come from a mobile device.
- * Popcorn Maker is an amazing new technology that changes the way we view and interact with video online.
- The ‘Internet of Things’ is revolutionizing lighting in our homes.
- The Mobile Memories App from Carphone Warehouse allows you to relive memories through your old mobile phones.