This week’s FWD reflects on the first quarter results of some of tech’s main players, the re-emergence of some early 00s cultural classics and a great piece on the top secret but much lauded Magic Leap.
- Q1 financial results are out and causing a stir: Apple’s revenue was down YOY for the first time since before the iPhone; Facebook continues to grow, with 66% of users now accessing daily; Twitter continues to struggle for growth and AWS once again sees Amazon post profit
- Google is experimenting with allowing publishers to post directly into search results
- Nokia’s back in the game (the gadget game) buying promising connected objects company Withings, its first acquisition in years.
- Snapchat overtakes Instagram for teens in the US
- Using Foursquare to predict footfall and sales, a Chipotle case study
- Benchmarks for native and premium ads, including mobile vs desktop.
- TV + VR: top French TV series launches VR spin-off
- Jägermeister’s Instagram hack
- MTV is bringing back ‘Cribs’ – for Snapchat only.