It’s been a busy week, as people flocked to bag the best Black Friday deals and “Will we get a day off when Prince Harry gets married?” was the top trending question on Google. In this edition of FWD, there’s plenty of innovation from Snapchat and Instagram, as well as trends covering Gaming, E-commerce and Millennials, and Pinterest brought some festive fun with its very own Secret Santa.
- In a bid to hit back at the Google-Facebook duopoly, The Guardian, News UK and The Telegraph are pooling their video inventory together into a verified marketplace run by Unruly
- Instagram edges ahead of Snapchat in the battle for audience numbers across Live Stories. Instagram introduces a Request button to allow people to join friends’ live streams and brands can now run branded Stories across Snapchat
- Amazon Echo Show launched last week, retailing at £199, it features brands such as MTV, The Telegraph and Evening Standard
- Financial Times reached its highest readership in 130 years, with over 700k digital subscribers.
- Find out the big trends in E-commerce for 2018, according to Forbes
- Econsultancy releases their best digital marketing stats of the week
- Studies from Deloitte and Global Web Index give fresh insights into the Media Habits of Millennials and Generation Z.
- BMW have used Snapchat’s new AR lens which lets customers explore models before they buy
- Pinterest has a new ‘Secret Santa’ tool which gives gift recommendations based on user behaviour
- Grime stars, artists and bloggers join Sadiq Khan to tackle knife crime in London.