What’s happened in digital this week:
- Convergence marches on as BBC iPlayer appears on Sky+ and ITV player provides video rentals for the first time.
- Microsoft announced that Big Data is coming to the next version of Office, further distributing this disruptive trend.
- Smart cities are becoming a reality as London announces connected smart street lighting.
What we have learned:
- Gaming accounts for two thirds of tablet use (vs. 40% of smartphone use)
- Paid reach can amplify a brand’s posts by 2x-24x according to a major new study by Facebook and Comscore.
- UK 12-15 year olds send 193 texts per week, a number that has doubled in the past year ~Ofcom Children’s Media Usage and Attitudes report 2012.
- The next generation of displays coming out of Japan could have big implications for the automotive market.
- * Discovered is a cool Kinect interactive film created by Intel.
- Grow a plant with software and sunshine.
Where to find more:
- Brands (like everything else) are increasingly becoming media channels in their own right.
- Google Fieldtrip gives us a sense of the future of Augmented Reality with multiple layers of local information based around the user’s interest graph.
- How clever use of data is powering mobile apps to be highly focused on specific needs.