Hello and welcome to the latest edition of FWD.
The week brought a wealth of updates including Facebook now live streaming games, Twitter’s Sponsored Moments, Amazon opened their first supermarket and 50cent became an accidental bitcoin millionaire – alright for some!
- Google trials stronger ad blockers on Android and lets users mute ‘reminder’ ads
- Snapchat looks to expand their reach by making Stories easier to share outside their platform
- Facebook partners with ESL One to live stream games, in a bid to compete with the likes of Twitch and YouTube
- Twitter releases Sponsored Moments
- A quarter of voice interactions demonstrate purchase intent
- Check out the publishers with the most to lose in terms of traffic from Facebook’s new algorithm changes
- Online ad engagement soars for certain categories during cold weather
- Amazon launches their first supermarket – Amazon Go, with no queues and a wealth of tracking
- A smart contact lens can indicate blood sugar levels for diabetics
- A new app allows dog owners to create the perfect selfie of their pets