This Week in Digital
This Week in Digital – 18th February 2013
What’s happened this week:
- Zeebox has launched SpotSynch that simultaneously displays TV ads on the second screen device.
- ComScore released their 2013 Digital Future in Focus report. Highlights include the fact that users are becoming more platform agnostic and UK audiences spend more time online than any other country in Europe.
- Twitter released data about their users who primarily access the service by mobile. In short, they are younger and engage with content on a more regular basis
What we have learned:
- Microsoft are making highly interactive TV shows for distribution on the Xbox, due to be released later this year.
- By 2014 every new car will be connected to the web according to the BBC.
- Best Buy is aiming to “kill” showrooming by price matching retail competitors and some online stores.
- American Express are leading the charge in Social Commerce, a new partnership with Twitter allows consumers to purchase with only a #.
- A charming story from BMW USA who saw a father posting about his 4 year old sons crazy car design ideas. They responded by creating a professional mockup of his car.
- The bionic eye could become a reality!
Where to find more:
- Visualizing how things go viral, an interesting data set from Tumblr about how Grammys content is shared illustrates the power of a few well connected influential properties.
- We can learn much from Fast Company’s 50 Most innovative Companies 2013 report, Nike and Amazon top the list.
- We should think much more about interesting digital content rather than simply pushing out ads