What’s happened this week:
- Hot on the heels of Apple Music, Google now offer an ad-supported free version of Play Music
- Facebook unveiled their ad of the future featuring panoramic 360* video
- Google mobile search carousel has received a big social update and now features Pinterest Pins and Vines, whilst Instagram gets newsy with Trends and Place search
What we have learned:
- Facebook is projected to deliver 2 trillion video views in 2015, gaining significantly on YouTube, study according to Ampere Analysis
- eConsultancy look at Instagram ads from a user’s perspective
- QR codes took off in Asia but struggled to gain traction with marketers elsewhere – here’s why
- Did Lexus really just build a hoverboard?
- Blip to parties, Tinder for Cannes, UberCopters – DigiDay looks at the best stunts from Cannes
- Meet June, the world’s first smart oven
Where to find more:
- Good read from Benedict Evans on the growing trend of mixing algorithms and human curation to aid discovery (most recently by Apple Music)
- From social networks to “market networks” – how business and commerce platforms of the future will lean from social
- Has Cannes been taken over by tech?