Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of FWD! Included this week are some VR stats, some Trump trolling and plenty from the 2017 Superbowl.
- Tech giants including Google, Microsoft and Facebook rally against Trump’s Muslim ban amidst fears for existing employees as well as the future of progressive thinking in the USA
- Instagram launches Snapchat-esque ‘disappearing’ photo and video functionality
- Dove UK brilliantly trolls the Trump administration’s attitude towards suspect information with their #AlternativeFacts campaign.
- Superbowl TV ads cost $5m for a 30-second spot. Here’s why they’re worth every penny due to online searches
- Here are the numbers to show that VR is no mere passing fad
- 53% of digital marketing managers think that cookie-based advertising campaigns will die out by 2018, according to a new piece of research from Viant.
- Lady Gaga used 300 Intel-powered drones flying in formation as part of her Superbowl halftime show
- Wireless phone charging? Simple. What about entire towns being powered wirelessly?
- Brands go all out on their Superbowl TV ads (and spend $5m!). Here’s the best and worst from 2017.