Some significant launches and updates this week: a new look for Instagram, the continued progression of 360, a new Amazon video platform and a live streaming European football coup for YouTube.
- Amazon launched an online video platform for content creators
- Instagram now has a new look. There’s been mixed feedback, The Guardian offers this critique
- Facebook now supports not only 360-degree videos but now 360 photos too!
- Google photos update makes it easier to curate photos and challenges Facebook
- Apple has significantly backed Chinese Uber competitor Didi
- BT Sport has partnered with YouTube to make the Champions League and Europa Cup Final available live for free in the UK
- 43% of social media users don’t know where the articles they read originate
- Samsung Gear VR now has 1 million monthly active users
- Twitter says users trust influencers as much as their friends
- An early contender for the Christmas wish list – Google’s Tilt is a VR paint brush
- Netflix takes ‘Face-swap’ into the real world with these outdoor ads for House of Cards
- Ever wondered who held the world record for dancing drones? Well, it’s Intel with this amazing display