‘Gotta Catch ‘Em All!’ Or so they say. The US has gone mad for the revival of Pikachu and co in AR form, with a European and Asian release of Pokémon GO imminent. Elsewhere, Snapchat has a change in approach, whilst AI is used for good – and beer.
- Everyone is talking about Pokémon GO, the mobile AR game that has turned into an overnight sensation in the US, surpassing WhatsApp, Instagram and Snapchat for daily usage of Android users in the US
- Snapchat introduces ‘Memories’ – a new way to upload and save from your camera roll. Some are commenting that it fundamentally changes what Snapchat stands for
- Pinterest adds a shopping cart and rolls out visual search.
- Twitter reveals insights from best brand campaigns of EURO 2016
- Insights from Cannes Lions 2016: VR comes of age
- Streams of the Pokémon theme song on Spotify have increased 362% globally in the past week.
- Google is teaching it’s cars to be nice to cyclists
- DeepMind is being used to analyse eye scans
- A London start-up is using AI to brew beer.
- ‘Snapchat isn’t mobile-first, it’s something else entirely’
- McKinsey on automation: where machines could replace humans
- How technology disrupted the truth.