What’s happened this week:
- Facebook announced their latest results with a big jump in mobile ad income.
- Google Now launched on iOS, bringing a new kind of intelligent assistant to the platform.
- The ‘Digital New Fronts’, an Internet version of TV’s Up fronts in the US, saw 100 premium content formats announced for the year ahead.
What we have learned:
- Google Plus has 359m global users and is challenging Twitter as the world’s second social network according to new analysis from Global Web Index.
- YouTube audience of 1bn generates 6bn hours of viewing worldwide up from 4bn last August.
- Online video ads are generating significant impact and reaching light TV viewers at scale.
- * Tokyo City Symphony blends 3d projection mapping and music creation to create something amazing.
- Point of view sports coverage is likely to be a significant early use of wearable devices such as Google Glass.
- Routehappy is a new kind of comparison service in travel that makes recommendations based on how happy the purchase will make you feel.
Where to find more: