What’s happened this week:
- Facebook confirmed the purchase of the Atlas advertising technology stack from Microsoft, it may allow for many new capabilities for advertisers to utilise social data.
- Mobile World Congressconcluded. Points of interest included;
What we have learned:
- One in three minutes spent online is beyond the PC according to Comscore Mobile Future in Focus 2013.
- Mobile had twice the share of US consumer media time Vs. Print in 2012, from the Blackstone Digital Marketing Review 2013
- Google index 30 trillion pages of the web so that we can search it in less than half a second.
- Microsoft’s vision for the future of productivity at home and at work illustrates how technology can heighten our senses.
- In another example of the ‘productisation of Digital’, Polaroid are to make an Instagram style ‘Socialmatic camera’.
- Supersyncsports is a cool new Chrome experiment that uses a Mobile as a controller for 4 players to run and swim across the web.
Where to find more:
- 10% of Netflix users have seen House of Cards, in the future ever more of our TV viewing may be algorithmically defined.
- It also provides valuable lessons for the future of content marketing.
- Who owns the Future? Jaron Lanier believes consumers need recompense for their data if the Digital ecosystem is to flourish.
- How online video can add value to a TV strategy, a new report from the IAB suggests a 15% shift in budget increases reach by around 4 points.