What’s happened this week:
- London 2012 , the first ‘Social Media Olympics’has begun;
- Google announced a TV and super-fast Internet access proposition based on proprietary fiber based infrastructure that could disrupt the US cable TV business.
What we have learned:
- One in eight European Smartphone owners have conducted a retail transaction on their device (in the UK it is close to one in four).
- Facebook is on the cusp of reaching 1bn users, over 500m are on Mobile devices.
- Amazon now accounts for over one fifth of the UK retail entertainment market.
- Me The Musical is Intel’s latest idea to help us express our personal brand, by bringing the timeline to life.
- Sight provides a slightly alarming vision for the future as our lives are augmented with ever more data.
- The Hunt is MTVs latest social amplification based on its ‘storytelling without borders’ strategy.
Where to find more:
- Moving beyond search in the age of Siri; how we are creating specialized Virtual Personal Assistants to make far more informed decisions.
- The Smartphone is replacing a surprisingly long list of devices and services.
- ‘Behavior By Design’ fascinating insights from Nir Eyal on how we can influence behavior to create habits with clever design.