What’s happened this week:
- The Google Drive launched with 5GB of free storage. Expect to see cloud based storage used as a recruitment and loyalty tool for the major online brands.
- Apple reported an 88% increase in iPhone sales, the iPhone business alone would be the most profitable company in the world!
What we have learned:
- The average UK consumer spent GBP 114 online in March 2012.
- *Gold level US Xbox homes now spend 84 hours per month on Xbox live services ( vs 150 hours watching TV)
- The daily reach of Facebook is now 526m, 3.2bn likes and comments are posted each day.
- Heineken have created an online service for US Soccer fans to avoid UEFA Champions League news until they can get home to watch the match ‘as live.’
- Holiday snaps are now 3d Photo tours with Google maps.
- The Facebook Fun Audit from Trident gum illustrates how brand positioning can be enabled by clever technology.