What’s happened this week:
- Facebook launched Facebook Camera an app not entirely dissimilar from the USD 1bn Instagram.
- The parent company of Juicy Couture sold shares to their customers via their Facebook page, incentivizing customers to be brand advocates – the “ultimate ‘like’ button”
- Yahoo have made their search results more visual
What we have learned:
- Even small local companies can benefit hugely from mobile optimized pages
- Mobile, especially tablets, are becoming more important to retailers
- Guinness is the most mobile friendly drink!
- Leap Motion is a super accurate motion sensor that brings the Minority Report interface to life.
- Mystevie creates a TV station from your Facebook and Twitter feeds, with your phone acting as remote control.
- AT&T are cleverly connecting broadcast product placement in ‘Touch’ with branded web series ‘Daybreak’.
Where to find more:
- Apple’s haptic (vibrating) pen opens up a lot of opportunities. iPhone users will also find a cool custom vibration tip!
- Some very creative examples of banner ads
- Google’s Larry Page at Zeitgeist – we should take advantage of the amazing opportunities modern technology provides and with more ambitious goals we can double the rate of human progress
Due to the Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday in the UK, we will be back on 11th June.