What’s happened this week:
- Stephen Wolfram announced ‘Wolfram language’ a framework to make literally everything computable. It is going to be given away with every USD 25 Raspberry Pi.
- Spotify completed a new USD 250m funding round (from a single source) valuing the company at USD 4bn.
- The Xbox one was released worldwide, selling 1m units across 22 territories.
What we have learned:
- 60% of the UKs 15m Twitter users tweet about TV.
- The first official video to Bob Dylan’s 48 year old song ‘Like a Rolling Stone’ cleverly pushes the boundaries of digital creativity.
- Slideshare has section of its site devoted to the future of everything.
- Google has created a new Chrome experiment to Journey through Middle Earth in partnership with the forthcoming second instalment of ‘The Hobbit’ franchise.
Where to find more:
- Advertising needs to be more inherently valuable in a landscape dominated by content and data, according to John Battelle
- 30 uses of Internet of Things technology that are changing the world.
- According to the AOL CEO advertising is changing in five fundamental ways; Programmatic, Open ecosystems, Mobile, Premium and Operational Convergence.