What’s happened this week:
- Apple announced iOS6 which sees 200 new features including passbook to collate vouchers and passcodes from brands as well as a far more advanced Siri that now has international business listings, movie and sports knowledge.
- Tesco bought music streaming service We7 and Sainsbury’s bought a stake e-book retailer Anobii, further signs of grocery brands’ focus on Digital distribution opportunities.
- Twitter launched expanded tweets increasing the content limit for selected partners.
What we have learned:
- There are 427m European Internet users and they spend 14.8 hours a week online ~IAB.
- 571 web sites are created every minute of the day.
- 38% of global entertainment and media spend will be Digital in 2016 compared to 28% in 2011 according to PwC.
- A creative use of sentiment analysis; tracking the conversation around each of the England players at Euro 2012.
- Viddy is the ‘twitter of video’ with a 15s limit, but brands are using it in creative ways.
- If the day job isn’t enough for you, then ‘Campaign the game’ is an agency simulator to play on the iPhone.
Where to find more:
- *Paul Adams of Facebook shares his thoughts on the future of media. Branding is built around a network of people and exponentially increasing data creating many lightweight interactions over time.
- The future of retail technology, why social curation is at the heart of many emerging retail approaches.
- An academic perspective on the interaction between advertisers, publishers and users arguing for a more computational approach to advertising.