What’s happened this week:
- The first explorer edition Google Glass units were made available to external developers, but don’t expect to see any advertising in the immediate future.
- Amazon Prime/LoveFilm premiered 14 original production pilots for worldwide consumers to preview and vote into full production.
- Twitter announced ad targeting based on specific keywords driving further precision of targeting messages to the Interest Graph.
What we have learned:
- Most Online Europeans own 2+ connected devices, with the UK leading in device adoption.
- The Internet economy will reach USD 4.2 Trn in G20 economies by 2016 according to BCG.
- British web users spend around 10% of their online time shopping, whilst 27% of US time is in Social channels according to Experian’s analysis of a typical Internet hour in the US, UK and Australia.
- MySugrmanages the very serious experience of diabetes with gamification mechanics. We can expect to see many more disruptive mobile based health applications such as …