What’s happened this week:
- AOL bought video advertising platform adap.tv for USD 405m.
What we have learned:
- Average UK residential broadband speed reached 14.7 mb/s, 64% higher than 1 year ago.
- Nielsen’s Twitter Causation Study proves that there is a two way causal influence between twitter activity and TV viewing.
- ‘Social Butterflies’, ‘Working Professionals’, ‘Gamers’ or ‘Everything Tech’ are the four kinds of always on consumer that have very different needs according to a new study by Experian.
- The future of graphics and gaming at the annual Siggraph conference includes touch feedback and real time face replication.
- eBay is trialing personalised fashion recommendation using Dressipi technology.
- What we need to consider in app design when iOS7 goes live.
Where to find more:
- Why a little boost at the beginning of a new idea’s life can make all of the difference, from a new study of what spreads on Reddit.
- Content Marketing is what allows programmatic to drive brand building in the Digital age, according to Federated Media.
- We can expect a 4g connection delivering new subscription and value add services from our connected cars by the end of this decade.