What’s happened this week:
- SxSW Interactive2013 is in full swing interesting highlights include
- A major Facebook redesign sees more opportunities for advertisers to get rich content into a less cluttered newsfeed.
- Tesco launched Clubcard.tv a service for free movies and TV powered by advertising targeted with loyalty card data.
What we have learned:
- The UK leads in most benchmarks in Ofcom’s European Broadband report.
- 85% of smartphone users would rather give up water than mobile apps.
- *Surprisingly tablets have overtaken smartphones in terms of the proportion of web traffic they generate. There may be far fewer of them but they are used a lot.
- Time Warner Cable’s Roku app is a strong hint of future directions for TV.
- Microsoft’s House of the Future, is aware of its occupant’s needs and preferences.
- Mapping the Internet in 3 dimensions.
Where to find more:
- How recent updates to Google’s mapping service enable a new local advertising economy.
- Demand is beginning to outstrip supply in the RTB market which is expected to grow to USD 20bn by 2015, according to the Adform European RTB trend report.
- The Internet has some obvious economic benefits but there are also many billions of unrecognized gains derived from it, according to The Economist.