What’s happened this week:
- ‘Amazon Prime Air’ is a drone delivery service, announced this week, that aims to get goods to the consumer within 30 minutes of an online order.
- Google launched AdWords Active View metrics allowing advertisers to better target viewed impressions and attribute sales more accurately.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday are huge online shopping days (they are spreading worldwide). This year USD1.2bn was spent online on Friday Nov 29.
What we have learned:
- We will buy 285m tablets next year and 400m in 2017 according to Canalys.
- Millenials are responsible for USD 1.6trn of consumer spending, retailers need to utilize technology in new ways to capture this spend.
- Kinematics is an amazing 4d printing system that can print jewellery or a dress far larger than the printer itself.
- Xiaomi managed to sell 150,000 smartphones in 10 minutes on chat app WeChat.
- The Gigaom connected gift guide may inspire ideas for the technology early adopter in your life.
Where to find more:
- How technology is empowering a number of new business models and approaches for retailers.
- Forrester Technology Trends 2014 highlights the importance of data, delivery identity and infrastructure converged around open APIs for businesses growth next year.
- Why even the best programmatic systems need a strong human touch.